Expert Capacity Building*
Closing date: 01 Mar 2020
The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration until October 2021. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Butembo, Democratic Republic of Congo.
As Expert Capacity Building you will be asked to build the capacity of teams and local NGOs in order to improve Welthungerhilfe’s scope of cooperation with national entities. You will primarily be working for a BMZ-funded project in Lubero district and support Welthungerhilfe teams working in other areas of North Kivu and Ituri while playing an active role within the coordination team based in Goma. You will be involved in the identification of new partners and oversee the development of dedicated plans to increase their capacities.
- Steering and ensuring the implementation of the project, as approved by the donor
- Elaborate a capacity building plan to accompany the implementation of the project
- Serve as an expert during the drafting and elaboration of project proposals involving work with civil society
- Facilitate and develop appropriate mechanisms and tools for the improvement of agriculture production and marketing in co-operation with local partners
- Conduct and coordinate capacity assessments for Welthungerhilfe's local partners to determine their capacity needs, elaborate related capacity development plans, support partner collaboration and transfer of knowledge
- Develop and strengthen the skills, abilities, processes and resources of local organizations
- Provide support and guide local organizations to further develop their training and extension approaches
- Develop a network of local organizations which could potentially be considered for partnerships in WHH-led interventions in DRC
- Play an active role within Welthungerhilfe’s Global Civil society network
- A university or polytechnic degree, preferably in the areas of International Studies or Organizational Development
- A minimum of 3 years professional experience working in the global south, including Central Africa
- Proven experience in Monitoring and Evaluation, Organizational Strengthening and capacity building
- Excellent comprehension of the notion of organizational capacity development
- Excellent diplomacy and communication skills, ability to engage a wide range of actors from local farmer groups, local authorities to Ministers of the national Government
- Strong planning skills, ability to work under pressure and to deliver results in a challenging context
- A high level of mental and physical resilience and readiness to travel to areas with volatile local conditions
- Excellent spoken and written English and French; communication skills in German would be an asset
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. This includes flexible working hours as well as working from home. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under "Our benefits".
*We welcome applications from all people, regardless of gender, confession, or origin. In case of equal qualification, people with disabilities will be given preferential consideration.
How to apply Democratic Republic of the Congo -UNICEF: UNICEF Democratic Republic of the Congo Humanitarian Situation Report No. 12 - December 2019 17 Feb 2020