Application deadline 25 February 2020
Host entity UNDP, Country Democratic Republic of Congo, Duty station Kinshasa (COD)
Language skills : French English, Start date Immediate , Duration 12 months
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Description of task
Under the direct supervision of Coordinator of the project New Deal, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare communication materials such as brochures, newsletters, case studies and fact sheets on a regular basis;
- Set up and ensure the effectiveness of the social media platforms for the project;
- Support and document field visits and M&E meetings and prepare meeting reports.
- Prepare background information and documentation, update relevant data to the project areas and compile background material for the donors
- Contribute to planning of informational campaigns, partnerships, exhibitions, conferences, social events and projects to promote a better understanding of the project's activities and accomplishments by the general public and/or targeted audiences;
- Establish close working relationships with TV, radio and news agencies to promote and disseminate information on the project such as goals, activities and principles etc.;
- Suggest stories and topics about the project and activities for the media
- Brief and coordinate the work of photographers, designers and videographers commissioned by donor within the project;
- Draft press releases, reports, booklets and other publications for target audiences;
- Organize and participate in press trips, briefing of journalists as well as press conferences of partners;
- Assist in preparation of communication budget;
- Develop new strategies to increase visibility of the project towards partners in DRC such as the website of the Ministry of Planning, Provincial governments and provincial ministry of Planning and sectorial ministries concerned and international partners such as donor including HQ, g7+, IDPS (International Dialogue for Peacebuilding and Statebuliding), GPEDC (Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation)
- Support efforts to establish and maintain an open communication with partners to implement commitments;
- Make sure the visibility of the project in the new website of the Ministry of Planning and PGAI and update the siteweb with the new contents of the project in collaboration with the Ministry of Planning;
- Support the Project Coordinator in the implementation of the project activities and logistics;
- Assist with the organization of activities related to the project;
Required degree level: Master degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
Type of Degree: Communication, international development, Public Administration
Required experience: 24 Months
Computer skills: Internet, Office, Excel,windows,Word,Powerpoint
- French(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- English(Optional), Level - Working Knowledge
Area of expertise: Public information and reporting, Journalism, mass media and broadcasting, Knowledge management, archiving and documentation
Area of expertise details:
Driving license: No
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Client Orientation, Commitment and Motivation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Self-Management, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup.
Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
First update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile.
Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 25 February 2020